Tuesday 14 August 2018

Project status list, also known as I need to stop getting distracted!

I thought it a good idea to make a list of all my projects and what their current status is.

Worcester Midland Shed 1921 - On hold indefinitely.
This was my first planned project when I made my return to the hobby, based on a fictionalised history of the railways around Worcester. Set around an enlarged version of the real Midland Railway shed it was formed on the premise that due to rivalries the OWW was absorbed into the Midland Railway rather than the GWR.


This project is on hold until I get both the space and resources necessary to attempt a large layout, but it is still a long term goal I really want to achieve.

Bachmann Donald & Douglas detailing - Will get done
This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time, based on the work of  SudrianRwyModeler on Twitter. I will be super detailing the pair and hopefully repainting them into blue livery so they are more based on the ones from the RWS. I have now added Wilbert & BoCo to the to-do list. Wilbert is the DJ Models J94 limited edition that will need a face while BoCo will be done using a Heljan 28 and Bandai Tecs Face. This model will be an as-built RWS/TVS hybrid style model. I might add Bear to the list in the future.


Skarloey & Rheneas 1865 - Will get done
This one has been on the list for a while and is one of the priority items on the list. Readers of my old blog will know I plan to turn the Bachmann models of Skarloey & Rheneas into their 1865 versions from the RWS, which includes using ERTL faces to replace the awful CGI ones!

 

Cros-ny-Cuirn 1865 - On hold for now
My plan to model the Skarloey Railway of 1865 is currently on hold, but may be revisited in the nearer future. My plan would be to model the station of Cros-ny-Cuirn based on a hybrid of the RWS and TVS versions (also shown on my old blog).

 

Triang Nellie Conversion - Will be done first
This will be the first project I tackle, and will be my first loco conversion. It was originally inspired by an article in Railway Modeller, and has changed from the original plan after seeing some other examples of the conversion based on the Electrotren chassis. The best example is by RMweb member Nile in his thread found here.



AK&ALR - Planning stage
This will be my first proper layout, a fictional tramway turned light railway on which my Nellie conversion will eventually work along with other small locos. You can find the thread about it here and any future updates will be posted both on the thread and here on the blog.

009 Micro dock - Still a maybe
I'm still not 100% about whether this will see the light of day, but I am thinking of making a micro/box-file type layout of a dock/quayside in 009 to use my Bachmann Baldwin on.

Hornby J15 - GER Y14 - Will happen if I can afford a J15
This is something I have wanted to do for a while, and If I can afford a suitable Hornby J15 at some point I will be backdating the model into a GER Y14 which looks like a pretty simple conversion. The Hornby model in question is R3230 as it has the earlier GER style cab.


There is one more long term item/project that some people already know the full and rather annoying history of, but that will be in another blog entry. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment